The Thrive Experience for Churches
A NOTE FROM JULIE - DECEMBER 18, 2017
Coach Training Will Continue
I have stepped down from my position as Director of Thrive Coaching for the Illinois Assemblies of God as of the end of December. However, I will continue to offer classes. These will now be web-based, making them more convenient for many of you.
I’m planning to offer Class 501: Foundations for Christian Coaching in February or March 2018. The class will be on the Zoom web platform. Each session will be 90 minutes and each class will last 8 weeks. You will receive sixteen credit hours toward certification with Coach Approach Ministries and the International Coach Federation.
I am no longer subsidized by the Illinois Assemblies of God, but I can still offer this class at the discounted rate of $250.
If you would like to know more, or would like to sign up for this 501 class, please email me at: email@example.com
I can give you more information then.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO GET TO YOUR NEXT LEVEL?
- Evaluate your present structures and systems?
- Find better ways to steward your resources?
- Develop a strategic plan for the future?
- Identify and train more leaders?
- Build effective teams that last?
MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONSIDER A THRIVE PARTNERSHIP.
“Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert” (Isaiah 43: 18-19).
Today’s pastor has one of the most challenging jobs in the world. Keeping up with cultural, political, and economic changes takes great effort and focus. It certainly takes teamwork to take a congregation from where they are to where they want to be!
Thrive Coaching was created to help any congregation regardless of size, culture, or resources, take steps to reach their next level.
For the last few years, our participating churches have seen significant success. They have changed the culture of their church. They know who they are and what God has called them to do. They collaborate and come to consensus on important decisions. They are open and authentic as leaders. They have identified and developed new leadership from within their teams. They are learning to take risks and embrace change and even welcome it. Pastors are enjoying ministry.
WHAT IS THRIVE COACHING?
Thrive coaching is a one-year partnership between a coach and one, two or three teams of congregational leaders who meet once each month. The process looks like this:
- Month One: Becoming a Team
- Month Two: Identifying Your Strengths: S.W.O.T. Analysis
- Month Three: Authentic Awareness: Knowing Who You Are As a Congregation
- Month Four: The Importance of Core Values
- Month Five: Knowing Your Purpose: Writing Your Mission Statement
- Month Six: Where Are You Headed: Creating Your Vision Statement
- Month Seven: Evaluating the Ministries of Your Church
- Month Eight: Six Things to Know About Change
- Month Nine: Designing Your Strategic Plan (Goal Setting)
- Month Ten: Designing Your Strategic Plan (Action Planning)
- Month Eleven: Evaluating Your Strategic Plan
- Month Twelve: Celebrating the Goodness of God
WHAT MAKES THE THRIVE PROCESS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PROGRAMS?
- THRIVE creates a place for teams to embark together with other leadership teams on a process of change. This encourages the development of lasting relationships with other congregations.
- Coaching principles help leaders find focus, clarify goals, recognize and deal with stumbling blocks, and take steps to move forward toward their desired future.
- Coaching methods build on strengths and believe that people are the experts in their own lives and work.
- THRIVE allows leaders to work at their own pace and make their own decisions about their future.
WHY DO YOU USE COACHING CONCEPTS IN THE THRIVE PROCESS
For the most part, people act, not on what is recommended or taught, but on what they figure out for themselves. Coaching allows for the process of discovery.
- People like options; coaching uncovers and offers options for people to gain the focus they need to take action.
- Coaching is a positive process that identifies strengths and helps people use them to get where they want to go.
- Rather than identify problems, coaching helps people become problem solvers, allowing for growth and productivity.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IF I DECIDE TO JOIN?
- The lead pastor will form a team of five leaders (including the lead pastor).
- It is highly recommended that both men and women form this team. This provides balance to the team and better represents the congregation.
- The THRIVE process has proven to be an excellent way to develop leadership, and the pastor should keep this in mind when selecting his team.
- It is recommended that only one family member be represented on the selected team. When spouses have been together on a team, they tend to have the same opinions and responses, and become a single voice. However, this decision is entirely up to the pastor.
- It is essential that pastors select team members who will express a different point of view! Pastors should ensure the demographic (i.e., age, cultural, etc.) they want to reach is represented on the team.
- Teams will meet all together with their coach once a month for one year.
- Teams will be given a monthly assignment to complete.
- In order to complete their assignments, individual teams will meet (in addition to the coached meeting) on their own during the month.
- Each coached meeting will last no more than two hours.
- Serving a meal is strongly suggested! This promotes the hospitality that encourages relationships.
WHAT DO I DO IF I DECIDE I'M INTERESTED IN JOINING A STRATEGIC THRIVE PARTNERSHIP?
Contact Julie Markese by email or phone.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell: 217-710-1284
- Office: 217-854-4600
- Visit our website: www.thrivechurchnetwork.com